NOTICE TO MARINERS
Ref: Depth after maintenance dredging of shallow area in Ganh Rai Bay, Kervella, L’est Cape, Propontis, P71 – ĐT83, buoy “58”, turning basin VQ1, VQ2
on Sai Gon – Vung Tau fairway 2015
No. 103/TBHH-TCTBĐATHHMN dated on June 09th, 2015
HCM – 25 – 2015
- Waters area: Ho Chi Minh City
- Fairway: Sai Gon – Vung Tau
- Shallow areas: Ganh Rai Bay; Kervella; L’est Head; Propontis; P71 – ĐT83; Buoy 58, Turning basin VQ1; Turning basin VQ2.
VMS-South would to like to inform:
In designed dredging shallow sections on Saigon – Vungtau navigational fairway: Ganh Rai Bay; Kervella; L’est Cape; Propontis; P71 – ĐT83; Buoy 58 on Sai Gon – Vung Tau 2015 with breadth of 150m (except from Ganh Rai Bay with breadth of 400m), Turning basin VQ1 with diameter D=170m; Turning basin VQ2 with diameter D=240m, limited and guided by AtoNs system, depth in meter to Chart Datum as follows:
- Location 1: Ganh Rai Bay shallow area (from upper stream of buoy “8” + 800m on Vungtau – Thivai fairway to upper stream of buoy “3” + 800m).
- Location 2: Kervella shallow area (from downstream of buoy “28” – 400m to buoy “33”).
- Location 3: L’est Cape shallow area (from downstream of buoy “34” – 1100m to buoy “37A”).
- Location 4: Propontis shallow area (from buoy “37A” to upper stream of buoy “46” + 140m).
- Location 5: Shallow areas of buoy “58” at Pha Mi Cape.
- Location 6: Shallow areas of buoy P71 – ĐT83 (from downstream of buoy “71” – 800m to upper stream of beacon “83” + 1300m).
- Location 7: Turning basin VQ1 (waters in front of Sai Gon port).
- Location 8: Turning basin VQ2 (waters in front of Te canal).
The shallowest depth of these shallow areas mentioned above is 8.5m.
All vessels navigating on Sai Gon – Vung Tau fairway should follow AtoN system for maritime safety.